Picture Book Apologetics with James & Ruth:
Featuring the Kalam Cosmological Argument
Pig and the Accidental Oink! is the book that started it all. The initial book of Picture Book Apologetics was funded with Kickstarter on August 30, 2013, and since its publication has been followed by 4 more published titles and 2 nearing completion.
This isn’t like other children’s books; it presents deep apologetics topics at a basic, introductory level. Before you can build a house, you need a foundation, and these books are your tool to begin doing so. Pig and the Accidental Oink! presents the case for the universe having a starting point and that that starting point is a creator. There is a section for adults with further resources as well as suggested activities to help kids retain and understand the concept.
Unlike a lecture, or a textbook, these stories are colorful, simple, and fun, and introduce children to important subjects with ease.
They provide a great starting point for families or anyone who interacts with young elementary aged children.
We wrote, illustrated, designed, and published Pig and the Accidental Oink! from start to finish after carefully seeking feedback from scholars and apologists, as well as parents and children.
- Hand drawn ink and Prismacolor pencil illustrations fill 34 full-color pages with intriguing creatures and characters.
- Includes a helpful parent-oriented breakdown of the Kalam after the story with practical suggestions for hands-on learning.
- Spanish translation available (in print and as PDF download).
- Also available for Kindle (free with copy purchased on Amazon).
- This books contains neither young nor old earth bias. The Big Bang is referred to briefly in the parent’s section without mention of the earth’s age.
- Read a review by J.W. Wartick here.
Where to Get Your Copy of Pig and the Accidental Oink!